Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (30f) father (56m) turns up at my place unannounced. It's annoying. I need it to stop!

TL;DR - My father turns up at my place a few times a week without calling or texting. Sometimes I or my husband have been running around in birthday suit or undies; on the way out to work in the morning; trying to put kids to bed; studying; working from home. He easily offends. I've asked nicely before. What is a nice way to ask him to stop?

I've asked nicely before - "Dad, please text me to make sure it's okay before you come over." He ignored that, and as we haven't said anything, he's continued to show up unannounced.

One time: -my husband was in his undies and forgot the lock the front door, so my father let himself in, even though my husband didn't answer the door; -we didn't answer the front door as we knew it was him and wanted some space, but he went through the side to our backyard and started knocking on our glass doors;

Countless times: -I've been wearing comfy home clothes that are inappropriate for my father to see me in (too short, no bras on), and have had to dash and get dressed quickly; -If we don't answer the door, he'll sit outside and start smoking until we realise he's there and let him in.

Other side issues: Coffee: -I've had to hide our coffee pods because he'll have 8-10 coffee pods in the space of 4 hours of being at my house in one day; -When there were no coffee pods, he drained us of our ground coffee beans; -When there were no beans, he finished my decaf stash (I'm pregnant and like to have it sometimes, and told him "it's decaf, it's for me"). -He never cleans up after himself, and leaves the coffee stuff for us to clean.

Cars: He has 2 cars and leaves one of them parked outside our house all the time. I told him not to do it, so he reversed the car so it was outside our neighbour's empty lot.

Cigarettes: I've asked him to get rid of his ciggy butts - clean up after himself - because our kids could find them and do things with them. He never does this.

He easily offends. One time he stormed out because he didn't like what I said. He's smacked my husband before for "being rude" to me, and stormed out. He thinks he's a great father, but from age 10-29 he mostly wasn't in my life; when he was around, he wasn't a good father. I've forgiven him for everything, and love him, but don't like his treatment of us.



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 10:34PM by OhTheStarfire http://bit.ly/2GMlg7Y
My (30f) father (56m) turns up at my place unannounced. It's annoying. I need it to stop! My (30f) father (56m) turns up at my place unannounced. It's annoying. I need it to stop! Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.