Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (18F) boyfriend (17M) made me feel really weird about something I've always done and I don't know how to feel.

Obligatory note: we've been dating for 7-8 months now and it's our first serious relationship. We're American and that might matter later.

Today there was a rumor started that herpes is going around the school. Someone warned us and we both just kind of chuckled since, you know, we're monogamous. I made a comment that I only kiss him and then also said "oh yeah and my dad and family and stuff."

He then made a face of revulsion and said stuff along the lines of, "What? That's gross/disgusting, that's not normal at all", even after explaining myself.

Basically, I just give my family members pecks on the lips for greetings or goodbyes. Never lasts for more than a second, it's like the length of a snap. I've always done it, I've never felt uncomfortable unless it was someone I didn't know. I only do it with my dad (did it with my mom before she passed) and grandparents. I've never felt unsafe or like I'm being sexually violated, I've never ever been touched or anything like that.

I didn't feel the need to clarify it as I did above because I thought it would be generally understood that I do not make out with my family members. However, I got a reaction like I'm playing tonsil hockey with my dad on the reg. I just left it at "I don't make out with my family."

Is it weird to be insulted over his reaction? I know a lot of people don't kiss their parents and that's fine (he has a bad relationship with his mom), but I still think that being called gross/disgusting was an overreaction. Normally if he makes me upset I just forget about it but this really rubbed me the wrong way.

TL;DR: Told my boyfriend I kiss family members on the lips, he called it gross/disgusting and it made me feel like I'm gross/disgusting. Should I talk about this to him? How do I bring it up?



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 03:26PM by juststayhomeplease http://bit.ly/2HIw3BG
My (18F) boyfriend (17M) made me feel really weird about something I've always done and I don't know how to feel. My (18F) boyfriend (17M) made me feel really weird about something I've always done and I don't know how to feel. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.