Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24F) am not feeling excited about my wedding to (23M)

First of all, I love my fiance so much and I'm excited to be with him forever. But I'm not feeling excited about the wedding and it's basically 2 weeks away.

First off, he and I have been together almost 6 years and have lived together for 2 of those years. Nothing is going to change after the wedding, and it feels like there's nothing new on the horizon. No wedding night jitters or anything. Also, the wedding has been planned for mostly by my parents as per my culture and it's a beautiful ceremony, but I feel unworthy of it. A very fancy expensive wedding but I'm just a regular slobby 24 year old that didn't even lose weight before the wedding, and won't even stand out against the decor. Also, I didn't get to pick out a lot of the stuff and while I like everything my parents chose, it does feel like I'm just showing up to someone else's event. Lastly, my fiance and I are long distance for a couple more months. He's coming down for the wedding and leaving the next day back to the state where he works. We won't be starting our lives together till August or so. No idea when our honeymoon will be or if we'll have one.

I just want to know if anyone has any advice on reframing my perspective and getting excited. Because I want to be excited.

My parents want me to be excited too. They asked where we're staying for the wedding night and neither of us booked a hotel because we figured it didn't matter, and I think that made them feel hurt. I figured a random room at a holiday inn would be fine since it's not a real wedding night or anything.

Tl;Dr due to various small things I don't feel excited about my wedding day



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 06:02AM by Notexcitednono http://bit.ly/2KbQF75
I (24F) am not feeling excited about my wedding to (23M) I (24F) am not feeling excited about my wedding to (23M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.