Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [25F] tell my mother [58F] to stop texting me about my whereabouts?

In two weeks I will be moving out to my own apartment. It’s not far from my mother’s house as it takes about 30 minutes to drive there.

My mother wants me to keep in touch with her whenever I go out, even if it means I’m going to my new job site. When I arrive at work, she wants me to let her know. When I reach home, she also expects me to send her a message.

If I don’t text her for a day, she will literally start to panic and drive all the way to my house to check on me. This gives me anxiety because I am always worried about making sure that she knows where I am. Sometimes I just want to be left alone and enjoy my day or free time without causing my mother to panic.

She gets defensive that I’m deaf and therefore vulnerable, so she needs to know where I am in case of emergencies. She will continue bombarding my phone with text messages if I don’t respond. I don’t want to go “NC” with her but how do I tell her that I just want to have my own space???

tl;dr: mother will bombard my phone with several text messages to find out where I am. She’s worried about me but I want her to stop but how do I do that without hurting her feelings?



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 05:15PM by Gracilis67 http://bit.ly/2Le8sMV
How do I [25F] tell my mother [58F] to stop texting me about my whereabouts? How do I [25F] tell my mother [58F] to stop texting me about my whereabouts? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.