Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Snapped out on my (22/f) friend (24/m)...was I wrong? How do I prevent being used

To start, I’m aware we weren’t ~official~. I’m not mad that he wanted to date someone else because I’m aware that I’m not entitled to anyone’s romantic interest. I’m pissed about the way he went about it and how he treated me.

This guy that I’ve known for a long time, Michael, was in a relationship for like seven years. He got out of the relationship and we started to hang out and talk a lot as friends. He would always tell me how special I am and how he likes me but it’s too soon after the end of his relationship to date. I was kind of just like whatever, we’re friends then. Lately he’s been super pushy about hooking up. We have once before but I really am not looking for a casual sex partner at this time. I want a relationship and I let it known to him that I had no intention of just being fwbs.

Last night he messaged me and said lets hang out tomorrow! Great, I asked what time and he said about 10. That sounded fine until he said , “this might be our last chance to hang out and for more 😉”. I asked why and he said, “I think I’m going to start dating this girl”. I flipped out. I’m not proud of it, but I think a culmination of the current dating scene where partners are pretty fickle and this guy basically now telling me I was great but not good enough for a relationship really set me off. I basically told him that he clearly thinks I have no self dignity or worth and to shove it along with some other expletives. I took what he said as, “last chance to get the goods before I date someone I deem worthy”. He’s now deleted off of all of my social and I don’t plan on talking to him anymore. He did text me to tell me he was really sorry this morning but it’s just too late.

I guess my question is did I overreact? And how do I avoid this situation in the future? I really don’t know how to date at all. I feel like I’m a bystander in my own life at this point, I want tips on how to get out there and withstand the current dating culture.

Tl;Dr- “friend” hurt my feelings by telling me in a roundabout way that I’m not up to standards besides for sex. I yelled at him. Want advice to take care of myself and date in a more meaningful way.



Submitted October 28, 2018 at 07:56AM by jb014 https://ift.tt/2Da5rZh
Snapped out on my (22/f) friend (24/m)...was I wrong? How do I prevent being used Snapped out on my (22/f) friend (24/m)...was I wrong? How do I prevent being used Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.