Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My friend freaked out and confessed feelings for me after I told him that I'm moving in with my boyfriend

I'll call my boyfriend (25M) Austin and my friend (26M) Evan for clarity (not their real names). I'm 25F.

I've been friends with Evan for about a year, we met about 6 months after Austin and I started dating. Evan and I are coworkers but we get along really well and spend a lot of time chatting about shared interests and such. Austin was always encouraging of the friendship, especially since I'm introverted and have trouble meeting new people and making friends.

Evan and Austin have met a few times at bar nights with my coworkers and such, but never really hit it off. They're nice to each other, but don't go out of their way to chat. I sometimes talk about Austin with Evan, but pretty much always just the good stuff, like when he does something that makes my day.

Evan and I are completely platonic friends. We've never kissed, cuddled, or held hands or anything, I've never even hinted at any sort of feelings being there (since they aren't) and we don't talk about anything I wouldn't talk to any friend about. I supported him through a tough time a few months ago, but again, like I would for any friend. He's a good friend but I'm honestly not attracted to him at all.

I told Evan that Austin and I were moving in together and that I was really excited. I was shocked that Evan got really mad and started yelling at me for moving in with someone who doesn't treat me as well as I deserve. I told him I am just fine and very happy with Austin, so what was he talking about. Then he told me out of nowhere that HE loves me and would treat me so much better, he said stuff like he would always hold the door for me and pay for my food and stay by my side at the bar, which is all stuff that I guess he's seen Austin not do and decided that I didn't like it, even though it doesn't bug me. Evan told me that if I left Austin for him, he would take care of me forever, rub my feet every night and draw me baths or whatever and all this other creepy stuff. I told him no wtf? We are just friends. He got really mad, called me a bitch and a tease and a slut who doesn't appreciate good guys. Then I left and he texted me a few hours later apologizing but I ignored him.

I already know that I will not be friends with Evan anymore after this. I don't know how to interact with him at work since I have to see him every day. I also just don't know what I did wrong. I don't want any other guy friends to think like this about me. I feel really creeped out and violated and I don't know why. Has anyone dealt with this before?

tl;dr My friend told me that he wanted to be with me and would treat me better than my boyfriend. I feel creeped out and I don't know what to do and I don't want this to happen again.



Submitted October 26, 2018 at 01:11PM by angryfriend9 https://ift.tt/2JjvOw8
My friend freaked out and confessed feelings for me after I told him that I'm moving in with my boyfriend My friend freaked out and confessed feelings for me after I told him that I'm moving in with my boyfriend Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.