Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

When is the right time for us to confront me not wanting to live with someone, maybe even him?

I (23m) am in a new relationship. He (22m) and I are about a month in. Obviously, it's too soon for us to be considering living with each other. But he and I do both take dating very seriously, so he has just expressed some reserve with the fact I have told him point-blank I do not want to ever live with someone.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with me, that I need to change it if I want to be loved (by anyone, not necessarily him). Every roommate I've ever had, even most of my years growing up in my family's household, I feel cramped and stifled. That I can't live my own life. Furthermore, I become irritated by them or feel on guard around them because I don't feel like I can breathe. And ultimately, I do want to have parts of my life I'm not sharing with my partner (not a life I keep private or secret, but parts of my life that I solely control). There are days that I want to be by myself, fully. Where I wake up one morning alone and go to sleep that night, alone.

He is truly one of the most spectacular people I've ever met. One of those types of guys who just likes doing things for people -- he doesn't pay for dinner because he feels "obligated" to, he pays for dinner because likes providing for people (for example). I could go on and list out the things I enjoy about him, but I won't. I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong with me and that I might not be able to care for him or for anyone in the way a relationship demands.

It feels too soon to address this, because I'm still getting used to how much he's in my life right now (and I'm okay with that!). But what should I be looking out for between us, for when I really need to have this conversation with him?

TL;DR: Guy and I are in the beginning of a relationship, but one thing we both have some worry over is that I don't want to live with someone. Too soon to talk about it NOW, but when should we? Is it something wrong with me, or is it just an abnormal relationship I'd desire?



Submitted February 05, 2023 at 11:31AM by kestrelthequestion https://ift.tt/zK0IjWO
When is the right time for us to confront me not wanting to live with someone, maybe even him? When is the right time for us to confront me not wanting to live with someone, maybe even him? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 06, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.