Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How to help husband with body shame

My (34F) husband (35M) of 11 years, talked to me today about feeling awful about his body.

He's never been thin, but he is carrying noticeably more weight in his stomach now. We've had some conversations about losing weight/making lifestyle changed for his health (his family has a lot of weight related health problems) as well as other health concerns he's been developing. I clarified that my concern was purly health related and not about attraction. It seemed like he was doing OK, but today his manager made a joke about his belly growing and it really hurt my husband.

He came home and told me how insecure he feels now. He never considered himself fat, but now he does. He also told me sex is probably off the table for a while because of his body issues. We're already trying to work through the difference in our libido. Mine is much higher and we've had issues of him rejecting me in ways that were sometimes very hurtful (he's had a lot of stress at work and his mood in general has been hard to deal with, but he's been working on stress management and improved a lot). We've been making great improvements in rebuilding both physical and emotional intimacy but now I'm afraid we might be going backwards.

We talked through everything he's feeling and why. I want to be supportive, but I don't know what I can do to build up his self esteem and he has no idea himself. I would love to hear from others about how you've helped your significant other to regain confidence in their body again.

TD;LR Any advice for how I can help my husband feel less shame about his weight gain?



Submitted October 05, 2022 at 09:08PM by Time_4tea https://ift.tt/JsdlkDp
How to help husband with body shame How to help husband with body shame Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 06, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.