Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Roommates won’t allow me to have guests at the house…

I live with my 2 roommates in a house. My two roommates are married and they own the house we are in. Normally we don’t have many issues but recently they told me something that was somewhat of a surprise.

I’m single and go on a lot of dates, some go better than others. This one girl I’ve been seeing said she wanted to come over and watch a movie. I was like sure come on over, just gotta tell my roommates. So I go to tell them and they say no, she can’t come over because they are concerned for their safety and don’t like strangers over. They said they’d prefer I was in something committed before I bring someone over and to get an apartment if I’m gonna do things like that. And I’m like really? I realize I’m still getting to know this girl and idk everything about her but I think the risk of something happening is relatively low.

Not to mention that me and roommates are best friends and have known each other since Junior high. And we’re all in our late 20s early 30s. It just seems to me like they don’t trust my judgement.

What do you think? Are they being overbearing? Should I respect their rules since I’m in their house? Is their some sort of compromise? I don’t bring people over often, and actually this is the first time I’ve even asked.

tl;dr Roommates who own the house wont let me have guests over. Are they overbearing or am I an asshole for asking?



Submitted July 30, 2022 at 10:40PM by Mercury1091 https://ift.tt/4F82YKl
Roommates won’t allow me to have guests at the house… Roommates won’t allow me to have guests at the house… Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.