Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My 29f BF 28m waits until I'm going to bed or going out to start telling a long story.

I work long days sometimes 12 hours+ including the commute and I have to be up at 6. My BF works 8hours and we live right by his work. He doesn't get up until half 8. He doesn't want to move.

Every night when I get home we take it in turns to cook the tea. We spend most nights together and talk a lot every evening about our day etc. Then we zone out and watch TV but still talking a bit. I like to be in bed by 10 as it takes me a while to fall asleep due to my busy day. He goes about 12. I've told him when I'm tired I need to go to bed and not force myself to stay up longer.

My issue is every time I say I'm going to bed he THEN decides to start telling me a story, sometimes following me into the bedroom to carry it on. He also does this if I'm going out to meet a friend or if my friend/family member is picking me up. He will wait until it's exactly the time I need to leave, or get the text saying they're outside, and start telling me something then. He gets offended when I cut him off and ask him to tell me the rest later.

I've asked him time and time again to please not do this. Even going as far as to say "I'm going to bed in half hour, if you need to tell me a story or something please do it now." He will still remember something right before. He also goes to the bathroom the second I say I'm going to bed, and takes like 10 mins so I have to wait to brush my teeth, but I've started going before saying it so that's not an issue now.

It's stressing me out that he won't listen. I feel like he's trying to get me to prove he is more important than my time or sleep or other people, and taking advantage of the fact I'm a polite person.

What do you think?

TL:Dr: BF waits until I'm going to bed or going out to start telling me a really long story.



Submitted July 28, 2022 at 03:49AM by Bellsprout23 https://ift.tt/1xL5tMU
My 29f BF 28m waits until I'm going to bed or going out to start telling a long story. My 29f BF 28m waits until I'm going to bed or going out to start telling a long story. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.