Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My girlfriend (19F) said some hurtful things to me (19M) about my family (sister), but am I being too sensitive about it?

I have a 5 year old younger sister "Haylie" who obviously I still treat like a baby because she is the baby of our family. I am home from college this summer and I have been playing with her as much as I can before I go back to school. Occasionally, she gets nightmares or anxiety and comes to sleep with me in my bed. I have tried to get her to go back, but at the same time, I don't think it's a huge deal. She's still young, and when I leave in August, she'll have to get used to sleeping alone anyway. So why not indulge her for a few more weeks? (It's like maybe once or twice in a week.) It probably won't happen that much anymore.

I was with my girlfriend of 1 year (we met our first semester) and my sister started whining around her bedtime that she wanted to sleep and I had to tell her that I couldn't do that tonight, so my mom took her instead. Then my girlfriend said, "You sleep with your sister? That's some pedo shit, babe" and started laughing hysterically. At first I laughed with her, but was also like wtf.. and then said, I'm not a pedo for letting her sleep with me, she just gets scared sometimes. My gf said, it's kinda weird, but whatever, you do you, my mom would freak.. in a lowkey judgmental way. I decided to drop it, even though it bothered me.

Then we were hanging out with our other friends, and apparently she had told them about it, and was like, "I was just polling to see if other people thought it was weird! Don't be sensitive about it" and laughed it off. My friends all said it was cute, etc, etc. No one said it was weird.

But now it's really bothering me. It feels judgmental and also kind of immature. It's not like Haylie is 15... she is 5. But maybe I am also worried that maybe it is wrong of me? I never thought it was bad or weird until my gf said it was.

Am I being overly sensitive? Is my GF right? Should I stop it? Or is my girlfriend being rude and judgmental? What should I say?

TLDR: my girlfriend thinks it's weird and "pedo" to let my little sister sleep with me at nights when she gets scared, and also asked our friends about it. Is she right? Or am I being sensitive?



Submitted July 19, 2022 at 06:19PM by Euphoric-Poetry1 https://ift.tt/wWATq59
My girlfriend (19F) said some hurtful things to me (19M) about my family (sister), but am I being too sensitive about it? My girlfriend (19F) said some hurtful things to me (19M) about my family (sister), but am I being too sensitive about it? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 20, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.