Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

my (20sF) roommate (20s F) takes my snacks and drinks without saying anything

I'm in a shared accomodation with 2 girls. We are all students and this is a weird thing that's been happening that I need opinions on.

We have movie nights from time to time where we will either cook or order something. I usually bring along drinks or snacks for us to have as well. Afterward the left over I'll put in the fridge (on my side of the shelf) for myself but one of my roommates who Ill call Emma - will just go into the fridge and help herself to whatever she needs without even asking me if its okay for her to have more of my things the next day. the same thing happens with what ever snacks I may bring along on the day.

normally I let it go but recently something weirder has happened. We went for a hike as a large group and agreed for us all to bring snacks. I drove all of us as she doesnt drive. I brought whole bunch of things I had cooked and also bought bunch of chocolates and nice snacks from shop. She brought a bag of popcorn and left it at the back of the car, didnt offer her food on the long drive to the hike ground, spent the entire 3 hour drive eating more than half of the things I had cooked for by herself. which on its own I didnt care but the next day she asked for a ride from uni back to our house while in the car she noticed- her popcorn was still in the car (in the back), along with lot of my snacks and chocolates (long shelf ones in packets) that were left over. She picks a bag and puts all the snacks in it and says "ow wow lots of snacks are left over"fills the bag up with all of it, talks about how much she loved the different types of snacks I had gotten. then when we arrive, takes the bag full of snacks and goes to her room. She doesnt ask if she could have these snacks for herself, nothing, just takes the bag and goes.
Is this normal?

I dont want to be rude here and tell her off for snacks but I thought this was so inconsiderate - to just take things without at least asking for them. I dont want to cause a hostile living environment for myself either :( Am I being a jerk ? how do I communicate with her without causing a big issue or a fight ? Im stuck in this lease for another 5 months so I need to communicate things without having negative living environment - any help ?

TL:DR: roommate constantly takes my snacks and drinks that I get for common events long after the event is over. without even asking if she can have it



Submitted July 18, 2022 at 01:23AM by confus3dp https://ift.tt/WFDUaQj
my (20sF) roommate (20s F) takes my snacks and drinks without saying anything my (20sF) roommate (20s F) takes my snacks and drinks without saying anything Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 18, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.