Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Excluded by family

I’m 28 years old and been living away from the family home for 9 years or so now. Nothing has happened but I am not invited anywhere by my parents but my sister is always included. I have brought this up to them so many times in the past that I can’t even be bothered to bring it up going forward as it’s just boring and repetitive now. I have recently found out they’ve all arranged a trip away together (my parents, sister and the family dog) and this was kept quiet from me. I found out today. We haven’t fallen out, and my mum likes to remind me regularly how important family is but I don’t feel important. I feel isolated, upset and drained. Am I being stupid? What do I do going forward? It’s bothering me so much I’m considering just letting my relationship with my parents fizzle out.

This has seriously happened numerous times now and I’m usually met with ‘we didn’t think you’d be interested’.

Any advice welcome.

TL;DR; been pretty much ignored by my close family for some time out of nowhere. We’ve always been close but not sure whether to let the relationship fizzle out.



Submitted July 22, 2022 at 05:33PM by AnxiousCouch https://ift.tt/02x5evt
Excluded by family Excluded by family Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 23, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.