Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My bf will never watch what I want to and it's getting annoying

(Info: I'm F he's M. We're both 19. We've been dating for 9-10 months.)

I apologize that this is a smaller/more petty issue but it's been really bothering me.

My boyfriend will just never watch any movies or shows that I pick!! He's so selfish when it comes to that stuff and I'm really getting tired of it.

Every time we sit down to watch a movie or TV show, he gets to pick what it is. Whenever I have an idea about a movie I want to see with him, he'll immediately shut me down and tell me we should watch something of his instead. And a lot of the time it's something I have zero interest in...

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine watching things I have less interest in sometimes to make him happy. But I feel like he should at least do the same for me occasionally as well.

I'll tell him that he got to pick the last few times we watched something, and I just want a turn to pick something. But he will always complain a ton and literally refuse to watch anything at all unless it's what he chose. He's so stubborn and honestly acts immature. He'll just flat out refuse to give any of my ideas a chance, and if we end up seeing anything at all it's always his movie/show choice.

The ONLY time I get to pick is if he gets to pick first. Sometimes if I really want to see something specific, he'll say something like "okay fine but only if we watch (x movie/show) first." Even if the last 4 or 5 times it's been his choice. And sometimes he doesn't even stick to that!!

There have been instances where he'll PROMISE that he'll watch something I want to after we watch a movie of his choice. But once his movie gets done, he'll claim to be tired or something and we won't even get to watch my choice at all.

I've also offered sometimes that we come to a choice together, and pick something we're both excited to watch and are interested in. But he won't even compromise that far most of the time, it's either his pick or nothing.

I'm just getting soo tired of sitting there watching films that bore me to death and I have zero interest in, without even getting to pick something the next time in return. And even though a lot of what he shows me I do enjoy, it's just the principle of it too.

I've talked to him about this before and told him "we always watch what you want to, I want a turn to pick." But his response is always either okay you can pick after we watch my choice first, or he just laughs it off and says "yeah I know."

Advice??

(TLDR; My bf is extremely stubborn about only ever watching shows/movies he wants to and never lets me pick.)



Submitted July 15, 2022 at 10:45PM by fjendjdkwne https://ift.tt/47k2QZY
My bf will never watch what I want to and it's getting annoying My bf will never watch what I want to and it's getting annoying Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 16, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.