Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24M) have been falling for my best friend (24F) since she’s transitioned

Burner account for reasons. So a bit of context. My best friend has been my best friend since we started high school. Almost right away she came out to me, at the time, as gay. I’m a straight (I guess) dude, so people often found it odd that we were so close, but it didn’t bother me. We clicked on every level - music taste, video games, food, humor, you name it. I was always super protective of her because I hated seeing what she went through just because she was “different”. She’s literally the best person in the world and didn’t deserve any of that. I don’t think she ever really had feelings for me, but I guess it’s possible. I didn’t even consider it at the time for myself, so oh well.

Fast forward, we get through high school, go to the same college, roomed together for a while. When she was 20 she came out to me as trans. I was the first person she told which still means the world to me. She began transitioning socially, then medically, and luckily has a wonderful supportive family. Watching her become the woman she is has been so inspiring. She’s so much more confident and happy. And god damn she’s so pretty.

We still talk hours a day, hang out constantly, game together, basically everything. But over the last year I’ve noticed my feelings changing. I always loved her, but I’ve developed the BIGGEST crush. Got over any sexuality confusion fast bc who cares anyway, and she’s a woman so. I get butterflies now when we hug or “platonically” cuddle even tho we always have. And she’s so pretty, like, SO pretty you guys. We’ve both dated before but nothing super serious. I really want to ask her to be my gf, but I’m so scared. I’m worried it’ll come across wrong, like…shallow somehow? I can’t think of a good way to put it, but I don’t want her to feel like my attraction to her is just bc “oh now she’s a girl so I’ll do it” when her core hasn’t changed. I guess we can’t control attraction, i just like girls, I just hope that doesn’t reduce her experience as a trans woman down to looks.

I also can’t bear the thought of losing my best friend…she’s everything to me, and if she said no and things got weird, or god forbid we dated and broke up, I’d never forgive myself. I want everything to be the same, just change best friend to girlfriend…and make out a lot. Did I mention how pretty she is?

What do you think? Should I go for it? And how do I do it while being respectful of her experience?

tl;dr my best friend of 10 years transitioned and now I’ve developed a crush on her and worry that would come across wrong, but really wanna date her.



Submitted July 24, 2022 at 01:53AM by burnerbesties https://ift.tt/gW4ELOY
I (24M) have been falling for my best friend (24F) since she’s transitioned I (24M) have been falling for my best friend (24F) since she’s transitioned Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 24, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.