Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend is so sensitive it’s making me want to break up with him

I (24f) have been with my boyfriend (24m) for just over three months. Everything was going really well in the beginning until recently when I started realizing a couple red flags. First, about a month ago, we went camping with a group of my friends. During this trip, he accidentally put my phone into a melted water cooler, and didn’t notice until 20 minutes later. My phone was 100% broken, and while I was annoyed, I didn’t yell at him. I did end up telling him that while I was upset, I understand accidents happen, I just wish he had been more careful with my belongings. He ended up crying in our tent, and refusing to go out and join my friends on the boat. Feeling bad that he was upset, I offered to stay with him and he asked me to stay. This sort of annoyed me because he’s the one who upset me and now I was comforting him and it was ruining my trip. He also told me he would get me a new phone case and so when I sent him the link to the one I wanted, he never bought it and waited till it sold out.

 A couple weeks later, I invited him to come to a small, local music festival with my friends in my hometown. The day of, I had treated him to a nice breakfast as it was my mother’s birthday and given him some cash ($100) because he has been unemployed after a car accident and didn’t have spending money. I then paid for our tickets and we went to get some alcohol to bring to the festival. At the store, he put his beer on the counter with my stuff, despite me never offering to pay. When I asked if he expected me to pay for his stuff too, he said “Sure.” Now, this already rubbed me the wrong way because it seemed a bit unappreciative of all the things I had done for him prior, but I let it slide. Once we arrived at the festival, he was upset that I bought my best friend a drink at the bar and not him. He also hardly spoke and was in a bad mood all day. He also nearly forgot my bag that he insisted on carrying in the middle of a field. The next day, he didn’t even want to go to the last day of the festival and this sort of upset me because I paid a lot of money for our tickets. When I finally spoke up about how his behaviour that weekend made me feel really unappreciated, he ended up admitting that he was so nervous about running into someone I had dated that he couldn’t enjoy his time, which seemed sort of unfair to me because I can’t do anything about the fact I’ve dated people before him and that we might run into them. He also then turned the argument into how I don’t even like him and I just want him to change. This man has never planned a date or boughten a gift, and yet makes me get him Prada for his birthday. I feel so unappreciated and like I have to walk on eggshells. What do I do? I really like him but it just feels like he is more immature than me at the moment. 

TL;DR: Boyfriend throws a fit and gets upset anytime I say he has hurt me or upset my feelings, also spends all my money without a second thought



Submitted July 20, 2022 at 08:34AM by throwawayyy6557 https://ift.tt/ue6BTxp
My boyfriend is so sensitive it’s making me want to break up with him My boyfriend is so sensitive it’s making me want to break up with him Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 21, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.