Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25F] husband [27M] ‘s mental health is challenging my career and lifestyle.

I married my husband just after graduating college. We have been married for 4 years. He has been working from home in tech for years, I have been working as a government contractor since graduating. In the past several years, my husband has become increasingly anxious…it started with worrying about having rare diseases and conditions based on random symptoms that he googled, to covid happening and now he is afraid to leave our home and really hasn’t in over a year. He has restricted his diet to prevent adverse health effects, doesn’t go outside for fear of contracting covid, and calls me while I’m at work while he’s having panic attacks or other symptoms and begs me to come home to help him through this. I do not work remote - I am in the office through the week and do not have the option to take off (I have already used my leave / sick day balance) to take care of him. He has been seeing constant mental healthcare between several providers for years and wants to improve. I don’t know how to balance the fear of what will happen if I don’t come home from what will happen if I lose my job…I have done well and am being promoted soon to more responsibility and I’m afraid that being gone more often will be triggering and detrimental to his health. How do I balance my life? I want to be married to him…I just don’t feel that I know what to do . In addition, him not traveling outside of our house makes it difficult to schedule social events or to participate in things I enjoy (going out with friends, etc).

Thank you for any advice in advance.

TL;DR: Husband’s mental health is causing strain in my professional career and in my social life, even though he’s receiving treatment, how do I make sure I’ll be okay in a few years time?



Submitted July 03, 2022 at 09:57PM by mental_throwaway97 https://ift.tt/u8aVmN2
My [25F] husband [27M] ‘s mental health is challenging my career and lifestyle. My [25F] husband [27M] ‘s mental health is challenging my career and lifestyle. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 04, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.