Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Does anyone else desperately crave a sense of community?

Tldr: 30F, have good family and friends but something is missing. Craving deeper connections and a sense of community. Feels that everyone is too busy with life to truly connect

I’m 30F. Don’t get me wrong - I’m lucky to have a good family, about 3 close friends and quite a few other friends.

However, I feel lonely most of the time. I’m newly single… so that’s probably part of it… but I felt this way before tbh.

Everyone is busy. My close friends don’t feel as close anymore, as we don’t do anything interesting to build experiences together. I saw one of them the other day… but it felt like a squeezed in meet up at her house… fitted in between a busy job, general boring life commitments and keeping up with family/everyone else. It was lovely to see her… but something is missing.

I crave deep connection so badly… I could best compare it to being badly dehydrated and daydreaming about an ice-cold, refreshing juice… I literally feel hungry for it. It’s like modern life goes against the very essence of who we are as a species.

People talk about work so much… the weekly food shop… buying a house… mortgage payments… it’s all so surface level. The people I do get to chat to about deeper/more fulfilling stuff are too busy to keep building on that connection or are too depressed to connect fully and let down that guard.

It’s like I could talk to 8 people in a day and still feel like I’ve not really spoken to anyone. It’s not fulfilling like it was when I was younger and more free.

Texting friends to maintain a relationship and catch up every 1-6 months just feels so superficial and bleh…

Does anyone else feel the same? I’m going travelling soon to broaden my horizons, have some great experiences and hopefully meet some awesome people.

When I come back, I think I’m gonna try volunteer and join a couple of sports/social hobbies. Seems community doesn’t just exist in western society… you have to try hard to find it.



Submitted July 13, 2022 at 12:48AM by sapphiresummer https://ift.tt/XD06VvO
Does anyone else desperately crave a sense of community? Does anyone else desperately crave a sense of community? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 13, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.