Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (31 F) husband (29 M) refuses to celebrate my birthday in any way and I am considering leaving him over it.

Basically the title. For a reason that I can’t rationalize my husband won’t do anything for my birthday. No card, no gift, no celebration. Every single year I tell him weeks ahead of time that he has to buy me something and celebrate in some way. I am very clear about my expectations with him and give him PLENTY of time to come up with something. It is not about the money or extravagant gifts. Just something to show he cares and is thinking about me. My friends have noticed and usually they text him and try to tell him to do something ANYTHING. To no avail.

My birthday was yesterday. I picked out, asked them to write my name on, and paid for my own birthday cake at the store. He invited his brother and brothers girlfriend to our lake house for the long weekend and when they arrived she said, “I saw your mom last night I had no idea it was your birthday nobody told me!” He didn’t tell them the reason we were here in the first place. I didn’t get me a single gift, card, or surprise. He has never bought me a gift in our entire 9 years together.

I lost my job in Covid and had a baby in the same week. Since being a stay at home mom all I do is cook, clean, take care of our house, and others, and NOBODY thought about me or doing something for me on the one day a year I thought I would be celebrated. I am so hurt and disappointed. Is this worth leaving my spouse over? I can’t imagine living the rest of my birthdays and holidays this sad and hurt. He has never in our entire relationship done ANYTHING or put forth any kind of effort for my birthday.

TL:DR: husband won’t celebrate my birthday or put in any effort. I don’t know if I can live like this for the rest of my life. Is this worth leaving him over?



Submitted September 06, 2021 at 08:54AM by CostcoDogMom https://ift.tt/2VihyOu
My (31 F) husband (29 M) refuses to celebrate my birthday in any way and I am considering leaving him over it. My (31 F) husband (29 M) refuses to celebrate my birthday in any way and I am considering leaving him over it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 06, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.