Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My(f15) parents are pulling me out of dance because it's causing dad to "stumble in his walk with God"

My parents and I were talking about my sweet-sixteen plans for the past couple of weeks leading up to what happened, but it wasn't about dance in the beginning. My parents aren't vaccinated and they don't believe in getting flu shots either, and they also didn't believe that covid was real when it happened. My parents are very religious, and while our church moved to online services in the beginning of last year, they went back to in-person services that were open-air within a few weeks, but people didn't seem to socially distance afterwards despite the chairs being separated from other people

Why do I bring that up? Because my parents would bring up my sweet-sixteen and how I wouldn't have one if I wanted to get vaccinated despite how many times I told them it was unrelated, but they said they didn't care because it was "their money" and that "they didn't have to do anything for me" in throwing me a party because it was a "privilege", along with how getting vaccinated "wasn't putting our trust in God" and how the virus was just a "tool that Democrats used against the 45th", and we argued a lot about how my party had nothing to do with their beliefs, but they kept holding it over me until they eventually said I wouldn't have one, but they've been angry with me ever since I voiced my opinion, and them taking me out of dance is the latest thing they've done

Every so often, they will sit me and my sister down for a talk on a quarterly basis to talk about whatever regarding the family, and I really hate these talks because it's just them telling us their opinions and things like that, along with new rules that they'll sometimes have. However, in their last talk, they talked to me without my sister and told me that my current semester in dance and gymnastics will be my last one, and they pointed to what they taught me about purity as to why

Mom said that women are supposed to be "honorable to God and themselves with their bodies" by not showing too much and stuff like that, and in the past, she's been really controlling with what we wear. No shorts or two-piece bathing suits when we go to the beach or pool, but in regards to the conversation, dad said that he "felt led" to address dance and gymnastics, and that "as I grew nearer to adulthood", I needed to start thinking differently too. And when I asked him what he meant, he said that he felt "challenged" being in the gym environment in his walk with God, and that he felt God telling him to address it. But I told him that that has nothing to do with me, but he kept pointing to purity and how mom agreed with him too and said it was a "big thing" for him to address it, but it has nothing to do with me, and they've been treating me like crap ever since I told them that I want to get vaccinated and wear a mask... something that they've refused to do and still do, and I'm now losing dance right after my party, but they just won't listen to me. I told dad that mom can drive me or one of my friends, and I even told my grandma about it who talked to them about it, but dad yelled at me for "going behind his back" and for being "disrespectful" by going to his mom, and I just feel like I'm losing more privileges the older I get, and I don't know what to do to make them stop. Is there anything I can do to at least let them have me continue dance, since I can't talk to anyone else because I'll just get yelled at again

TL;DR: My parents changed their mind about having a sweet-sixteen for me after I said that I want to get vaccinated because they don't believe in covid or wearing masks, and they've been treating me like crap ever since I told them that, and dad recently said that he was pulling me out of dance because he "felt challenged" in the environment in his walk with God, and that as I near adulthood, I need to be more modest



Submitted June 25, 2021 at 08:58PM by throwrathem22 https://ift.tt/3vVqcPf
My(f15) parents are pulling me out of dance because it's causing dad to "stumble in his walk with God" My(f15) parents are pulling me out of dance because it's causing dad to "stumble in his walk with God" Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.