Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (33F) Husbands (36M) response to adverse things is to ignore they are happening and become aggressive when spoken to. What is the best way to deal with this stress response to deal with the matters at hand?

My husband struggles with stressful incidents and unexpected change. The stress becomes so overwhelming on even the slightest things that he can no longer communicate and when spoken to is on the attack and gets stuck in a pool of negativity.

Sometimes, this is fine to just leave him until he resurfaces but other things cannot be ignored and have timelines of response.

As an example, he has just been told that he will have to stay at work for a 5 week stint instead of coming home today. This has caused him to shut down, he isn't feeding the information back to me and when I have been in touch he snaps and argues as if I am the enemy. I always remind him that I am on his team.

There is an emergency flight out tomorrow and if he gets that, he gets a break but because he is so stressed he hasn't sent the documents off to the HR department that would qualify him for a seat on the flight. I am a emergency nurse, I cannot take leave at this time due to covid and due to our child being in a leg cast they cannot go to daycare and we can't have babysitters because of covid, funding someone who wants to work during this at a nurses house who works in a covid hospital is proving challenging.

But he stopped responding to me today when it became overwhelming, I don't know who to send the email to and don't want to spring it on him without him knowing either but there is a solution to this issue and hes missed the opportunity to change the situation because he has shut down.

Obviously with the distance (he works 3000km away), if he doesn't answer his phone there is literally no other method of contact.

Anyway, what are some tactics that work for people like this? Or do I just accept that this is a part of his personality?

TLDR; my husband is stuck at work for 5 weeks because he didn't send an email. He didn't send the email because he was so stressed about being trapped at work for 5 weeks he shut down and stopped functioning.



Submitted June 30, 2021 at 03:02AM by posingpancakes https://ift.tt/3w7NjX0
My (33F) Husbands (36M) response to adverse things is to ignore they are happening and become aggressive when spoken to. What is the best way to deal with this stress response to deal with the matters at hand? My (33F) Husbands (36M) response to adverse things is to ignore they are happening and become aggressive when spoken to. What is the best way to deal with this stress response to deal with the matters at hand? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.