Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm [24F] moving out in a month. How to tell religious and controlling parents?

TLDR: When and how to tell my parents I'm moving out with my SO when they are vehemently against it?

I come from a religious country where it's normal for people to stay with their parents until they are married. I don't conform to any traditional and religious standards here (like being a virgin until you marry).

This is my 2nd attempt of moving out from my parents. First was with friends and I didn't push through because my parents said no, and at that time, I wasn't really that sure. This time though I have more than enough savings to fall back on even if I lose my job for a year (plus investments), great health insurance, and I'm all ready in the process of signing the lease. I can move out on my own, but my SO of 2 years also plans to do so, so it made more sense to me to move in with him since we have compatible living styles (I'm at his place all the time).

Problem is my parents are vehemently against it. I've pitched the idea to them months before, like a what if scenario, and we had a heated discussion wherein their arguments were "what would people think?" or "what if you're dating someone abusive?" to which I said "I don't really care what people think" and "I know he isn't".

I'm moving an hour flight away from them.

I'm not expecting them to understand my side to this when I tell them, and I honestly think it's going to be chaotic. But I want to at least make it better for them to take it in. Do I tell them ahead of time (I'm thinking of two weeks so that I can have everything ready) or give them lesser time? How do I tell them?

Thank you so much!



Submitted June 26, 2021 at 06:59PM by GG_Goto https://ift.tt/3x2x2nA
I'm [24F] moving out in a month. How to tell religious and controlling parents? I'm [24F] moving out in a month. How to tell religious and controlling parents? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.