Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

An Ex-GF (45F) from years ago just contacted me (47M) about my cat (10M)

Mostly a lurker, but I had something come up that finally makes me want to post.

So about a decade ago I was in what I later realized was a toxic relationship with a woman for about 2+ years. It hurt many of my relationships (friends and family) and put a lot of doubts into me about myself, relationships, everything. It was bad for me.

I finally left, but not without a lot of time, effort and heartache. When I was leaving my ex made me take one of a pair of sibling cats that we had gotten a few years before. I told her I didn’t want him (we'll call him Wolfie) but she forced me to take Wolfie.

A few months later, about 8 years ago, I finally got my head together and I decided to move 2000 miles away. Knowing it a cross country trip would be hard on Wolfie, I choose not to subject him too it and decided to give him away. I found a new family for him that were acquaintances of my parents from church. They had land and from what I heard after I left, he was in hog heaven roaming his domain. They would move away a few years later and my parents weren’t close with them so they lost contact. I have no idea how Wolfie is.

Since the move, I'm in a much better relationship than that one. I'm happily married. We have a child. I'm in a much better place.

And then 2 days ago, out of the blue my ex texts me and asks if Wolfie is still alive. WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?!?! We haven’t communicated in any way for about 6 years. I haven't thought about her in years. But immediately upon getting the message, doubt creeps in and i don’t know what to do. Should I reply? Should I be honest? Should I even care what she thinks (because I worry she will be pissed I gave him away)?

My wife (knows my complete history) said - answer, ignore it, just don’t think about it too much. I wish it was that simple, this has triggered all that old doubt. Waiting a few days hasn’t helped.

Some advice on what to do would help.

TL;DR: An Ex-GF from almost 10 years ago just contacted me asking about our old cat that I gave away after we broke up.



Submitted June 27, 2021 at 07:24PM by Obelus_Octothorp https://ift.tt/2UaubdK
An Ex-GF (45F) from years ago just contacted me (47M) about my cat (10M) An Ex-GF (45F) from years ago just contacted me (47M) about my cat (10M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.