Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My wife (25F) and I (26M) are really struggling with adult life and our marriage. Would appreciate any advice from more experienced adults

My wife and I have been married a couple of years, together since we were 18 and 19. I'll try and keep this short. Basically, we both work professional jobs that take a lot out of us in different ways, and both with long commutes in opposite directions. We're both out of the house about 10-11 hours a day on average, which I know is a lot better than many people have it. Between commuting, work, and struggling to keep up with things like a clean house, hobbies, what have you, it feels like everything is falling apart. We have date nights on weekends but have intimacy only now and then, and never during the week. It feels like we're constantly bickering at each other (tired, hungry, frustrated, etc). Today my wife just broke down and cried. She hates where she's at in life (doesn't enjoy her job, has no friends, everything is wearing her out).

Now, I know a lot of the advice here will be to consider changing jobs and/or moving. And I agree that those would likely make the biggest impact. But for a variety of reasons, neither of us want to change our job situation or where we live. We are fortunate to own a home and we love our house, and while our careers are a bit more troublesome, there's really no other job we could get in our fields that would be better (even in terms of work life balance). So we're planning to stick with these jobs unless they get taken from us.

What we would love to know if there are small ways we can improve our connection and make our day to day life a bit more bearable. I want us to stop fighting each other and enjoy married life while we can. I want to get things solid between us before we think of down the road things like having a family.

Note, we are on a waiting list for couples therapy, just looking to see if there's anything else we can do in the meantime.

tl;dr due to long commute and difficult jobs, wife and i are often angry with each other. want to find ways to improve our marriage.



Submitted June 29, 2021 at 08:16PM by Mental-Wedding-7571 https://ift.tt/3hkBcR8
My wife (25F) and I (26M) are really struggling with adult life and our marriage. Would appreciate any advice from more experienced adults My wife (25F) and I (26M) are really struggling with adult life and our marriage. Would appreciate any advice from more experienced adults Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.