Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) husband (26M) and I cannot agree on our pets.

Already I am hesitant to post this because I know I will get backlash on my opinion. However, I am in need of some outside perspective that is not mine, my husbands, or our friends and families.

I am a cat person, I always have been, and I don’t really care for dogs. We always had them growing up but that was never really my choice. I was very up front an honest with my husband about this when we started dating and neither of us really gave it much thought other than it being a preference of mine.

When we got engaged I agreed to getting a dog, on the circumstances that my fiancé, now husband, did all the feeding, cleaning, and maintenance. It went well for maybe three months and then he started slacking. Then it became my job to constantly remind him to keep up on the pooper scooping, grooming, etc. We have three cats whom I take care of fully, other than the occasional help with the litter box.

So today the dog had diarrhea on the bathroom rug for the third time since we’ve had her, nearly a year and a half. Each time she has had an accident, I am the one home to clean it. But this time was different. Our $1200 roomba ran it over and I spent the day cleaning dog poop out of our bathroom rugs, bathroom floor, and the roomba. When my husband came home from work he tried to help me clean, but everything had already been taken care of.

I am frustrated. I never wanted a dog, but agreed to one because I love my husband. But I am the one always cleaning up after the dog’s accidents, the dog I never wanted. We had the conversation tonight about not getting another dog after this one, and it just seems there is not a compromise that makes us both happy. A dog is not a 1-2 year commitment, we’re talking at least a decade, maybe more.

Anyway, how do we find the happy medium here? Is there one? I don’t think it’s fair that we just get another dog after this one, because that is not what I want. But on the other hand is it fair for my husband to go without one because of me?

TLDR: my husband wants a dog and I don’t, how do we compromise?



Submitted June 29, 2021 at 03:01AM by cheaaabree https://ift.tt/3y4DvhN
My (24F) husband (26M) and I cannot agree on our pets. My (24F) husband (26M) and I cannot agree on our pets. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on June 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.