Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Struggling to accept the fact my husband is now on mid/night shift and I will only see him for maybe an hour daily

I (28F) have been married to my husband (30M) for 4 years, been together 12. We have a great relationship and are very close. Recently he's been having issues at his job and he's now been put on a different shift and in a different position. As of right now he works 5 AM-2 PM, while I work 8-5. His new shift will be 1-10PM and he will be home around 11 or after (he works overtime half the time so it's possible he won't be getting home until midnight or 1). Right now we get about two and a half hours together each night, as he goes to bed around 8 to get up at 4 AM. I've been struggling so hard trying to accept the fact that we won't even get that amount of time together anymore, won't be able to eat dinner together, and that I will be alone basically all night once I get off work. It's basically spiraled me into a mental breakdown today and I am looking for advice to make this easier on both of us. I'm glad it's not the latest shift but still. I am used to having hours to myself once he goes to bed (I normally end up in bed around 11-11:30), but it's really tripping me up that I'll be completely alone in the house and will have to eat dinner by myself, etc. Typing it out sounds so whiny but when you're used to doing these things with another person it's just hard to imagine otherwise.

TL;DR: How do you make a relationship work when you only get to see your spouse an hour out of the whole day? Experiences, tips, etc?



Submitted February 10, 2021 at 01:53PM by OverallDisaster https://ift.tt/3aRXTIZ
Struggling to accept the fact my husband is now on mid/night shift and I will only see him for maybe an hour daily Struggling to accept the fact my husband is now on mid/night shift and I will only see him for maybe an hour daily Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 10, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.