Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend is uncomfortable with me being "sexual with other people"

I know the title makes me sound like a big fat cheating degenerate but those were his words.

I (21F) have been with my boyfriend (22M) for about a year now and it's been an absolute treasure.

Well, I'm a digital artist on instagram. It's my main hobby as well as my main form of social interaction. Two years ago (before I even met my bf), my friends and I all decided to make NSFW art accounts for fun but I never really posted on mine. I have an interest in NSFW because I find it to be a good way to practice human anatomy/shading.

Well, yesterday my boyfriend for the NSFW account and asked me about it and I was truthful about it (granted I totally forgot it existed lol and I told him that). Well, he get's extremely uncomfortable with anything sexual. This includes adult humor and NSFW art, etc. I for one, am pretty open minded about that stuff but since I know he isn't okay with it I don't ever crack adult jokes around him or mention NSFW art or anything of the sort. Here's the issue though, he doesn't want me doing/expressing anything that's sexual in nature with anyone besides him. This includes the rare adult jokes I crack with my friends and posting NSFW even on a private account.

He completely blew up at me, saying that I kept this account from him knowing how he felt about this. I apologized and offered to delete the account but then it turned into a full blown argument. I wanted to understand why he was so uncomfortable with me sharing NSFW art with a select few friends and the only answer he gave me was that "it makes him uncomfortable" and "My girlfriend being sexual with other people makes him uncomfortable". I completely understand limiting my speech and art around him if he's uncomfortable but he feels he has the right to control what I do outside our relationship/with my friends. I'm not flirting with anyone, I'm never explicit, and I never direct any adult joke or NSFW art piece towards anyone, its just something I find to be funny/interesting sometimes. He kept pushing that I was expressing my sexuality with others and he didn't find that to be okay in the slightest and that this view was extremely important to him.

I asked him the following: "So if I took an art class and we were directed to draw a nude model is that break up material?" He responded that if I wanted to continue to do it, yes it was. So when I asked "So if another day that same art teacher asked us to sketch a nude model and I refused to skip class, you'd break up with me?" and he said he would, I was shocked

NSFW art/anatomy study isn't super important to me that I felt the need to break up, but how do I tell him that I'm not being "sexual" with others? I asked my friends and they all said he was being a controlling and possessive , jealous boyfriend but I kinda want an unbiased opinion here? Am I a bad gf for not understanding? My head is spinning.

TL;DR: Boyfriend disapproves thinking I'm being "sexual with other people" due to my interest in NSFW and adult humor



Submitted February 11, 2021 at 11:45PM by NeedMoreRestLol https://ift.tt/373qcmz
My boyfriend is uncomfortable with me being "sexual with other people" My boyfriend is uncomfortable with me being "sexual with other people" Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 12, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.