Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (17F) aunt (41F) yelled at me and now isn’t talking to me after I opened up to her.

So i was talking to my aunt and my uncle and my uncle asked me if i was interested in going to a gun range and my aunt went off about how i was a kid and acted like i was a 10 year old who my uncle was offering alcohol or something to. Also yesterday she was saying how we couldn’t watch a show because it was too grown up for me. After that they went to the store and i just started crying at their house because that was like a straw that broke the camels back because most of the people i let into my life don’t take me seriously or don’t have respect for me as a person and i also have depression and anxiety so i’m very sensitive. When they came back my eyes were like red and me and my uncle were supposed to go somewhere and we couldn’t anymore bc of the ice storm.

So my aunt assumes i’m crying because of that and she started saying “now she’s crying just because y’all can’t go anymore” and she just kept going on and on so i felt the need to defend myself and i said “i cried because i feel like no one respects me or takes me seriously” and she was just like “what are u even talking about i don’t talk to people i don’t respect, if i didn’t respect u i wouldn’t be supporting ur decision to go to another country, how are you gonna lie on me and say that” and i kept trying to explain that i wasn’t really specifically complaining about her and she just wouldn’t let me talk and i said “you’re not even letting me talk” and she said “because i don’t wanna hear it”. like i wouldn’t have even said that to her if she didn’t keep saying i was crying for the other thing.

after that i stopped talking and i overheard her saying to my uncle “i’m done i’m done i’m tired, she knows i’m not talking to her” and now i’m in another room alone and i’ve been crying because that really made me feel bad and i feel like it reinforced my idea that nobody takes me seriously. And i’m stuck here until tuesday because of the ice storm where i live.

Help

TLDR; My aunt often infantilizes me and today i cried when she wasn’t home and she saw that my eyes were red and i told her it was because i felt like nobody takes me seriously or respects me and when i tried to further explain she cut me off and said she doesn’t want to hear anything i have to say and now i’m stuck at her house and we’re not talking P.S. I don’t care about the gun thing, that’s just what started the whole thing and what triggered me. Not the point of the post



Submitted February 13, 2021 at 02:48PM by girldownthestreet76 https://ift.tt/2ZhQihI
My (17F) aunt (41F) yelled at me and now isn’t talking to me after I opened up to her. My (17F) aunt (41F) yelled at me and now isn’t talking to me after I opened up to her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 14, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.