Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

UPDATE: The guy (36M) I’m (32F) dating is bizarrely aloof and formal in person, but affectionate over text.

previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/fku0gq/the_guy_36m_im_32f_dating_is_bizarrely_aloof_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

TL;DR: He ghosted me!

People have been asking for an update so here it is - unfortunately not what everyone was hoping for!

The last time I saw him, he was stressed and preoccupied because there had been a case in his building and he had to get tested as well as work from home. Since then, he’s been working from home nonstop and my country has advised that we stay home as much as possible; so when I texted him (super early on, before we were all asked to stay home) to ask if a quick walk at the beach was going to happen, he said not that week and we’d have to see how things go with the virus.

Initially he checked in every night when he finished his work, but that faded out. I’ve reached out a few times, but each time I’m answered more politely than personally; and since I’ve stopped initiating contact, there’s been nothing for several days.

But I do want to thank everyone because it was very helpful pointing out that he may be autistic! Two of my friends with MA degrees in Special Education completely concur, they even filled out a proper diagnostic. They are very much of the view that I ought to give it time till everything calms down, but my feelings are hurt because this comes across as a lack of interest, not an inability to take cues.

It’s a pity because he was lovely in person / over text before this, and I did like him so much! And I guess we all thought he liked me too. Thanks again for all the advice, I really appreciate how warm and kind everyone was.



Submitted April 03, 2020 at 08:10PM by idylls29 https://ift.tt/2yB0RCt
UPDATE: The guy (36M) I’m (32F) dating is bizarrely aloof and formal in person, but affectionate over text. UPDATE: The guy (36M) I’m (32F) dating is bizarrely aloof and formal in person, but affectionate over text. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 03, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.