Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My ex-boyfriend has been harassing me in school. Did I take it too far by getting a lawyer?

My (27f) ex-boyfriend (29m) has been harassing me for the past couple of weeks since our break up in early March. For a little bit of background, we are in the same grad school program and live in the same apartment complex. I broke up with him because he had shown very angry and hostile behavior towards me and has accused me of cheating on him on multiple occasions. We were dating for exactly three months. Since the break up, he has called me many, many times just to scream profanities at me and tell me how terrible I am and how he is going to “blow up my spot in the program.” I have him blocked on all social media accounts, but when I blocked his phone number he started contacting me off of our colleagues’ phones. His phone number is currently unblocked. I have told two professors in the program about this situation and they seem to be understanding. I am living with my parents in a different city because I fear for my safety being at my apartment. So here is why I got a lawyer. We were on a conference call yesterday with 12+ colleagues. He suddenly got extremely angry at me (I have been very civil and calm throughout this nightmare) and he started cursing me out, calling me all types of horrible names while on the the video chat. My colleagues couldn’t believe what they were witnessing. They all told him that his behavior is not acceptable here and that they weren’t putting up with it. They were all in shock. After the call, 10 colleagues reached out to me to see how I was doing. A couple of them reached out to me today saying that he called then after the conference call to tell them all these terrible things about me.

Look, enough is enough. I told my dad about this situation, and he got me in touch with his good friend who is a lawyer.

Did I make the right move? Why don’t I 100% feel good about it? I think I know why, I don’t want to cause drama in the program.

TL;DR I got a lawyer because my ex-boyfriend blew up at me in a video conference call with 12+ colleagues.

Thank you.



Submitted April 02, 2020 at 10:05PM by itsme_monica https://ift.tt/2JCX09W
My ex-boyfriend has been harassing me in school. Did I take it too far by getting a lawyer? My ex-boyfriend has been harassing me in school. Did I take it too far by getting a lawyer? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 03, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.