Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

UPDATE:My dad died recently and I (24M) don't want to go to my step mom's place cause I'm still grieving

Link to original post:https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/ebbyc9/my_dad_died_recently_and_i_24m_dont_want_to_go_to/

Ok so I went to my step mom's place for christmas, this was my first time with my step mom and step sister without my dad. It was super hard cause I sat in the seat he always sat on and I just broke down crying. I am forever grateful for both my step sister and step mom cause we all just had a group hug on her couch while I bawled my eyes out. It ended and we didn't open presents but just talked. We had brunch and it went well tho I was holding in tears for the whole thing, this was the first time I could see they actually do care for me and I care for them. They are my family, I didn't stay the night cause I def couldn't do that but I left around 11 at night. This was the first time I ever felt like a full family unit and not the bad kid who fought with my step mom was just wasn't the nicest to my step sister. I thank them so much for not holding a grudge when I went through my teen rebel phase. I hugged them both goodbye and went home, I feel like me giving them a shot and going to my dad's place helped me realize that these are the people who have always been there for me. I mean they were the ones who didn't give up on me when I was a troubled teen and I love them both for it. I talk with my step sister almost daily now even if its just a good morning text and I call my step mom a bit too now.

Thank you all for the comments and making me realize that I should go and how it would do wonders to make us all closer it helped!

TL;DR: went to my step mom's place for christmas and we all bonded more than I thought



Submitted January 01, 2020 at 02:02AM by cut_stepfam https://ift.tt/37j3cxQ
UPDATE:My dad died recently and I (24M) don't want to go to my step mom's place cause I'm still grieving UPDATE:My dad died recently and I (24M) don't want to go to my step mom's place cause I'm still grieving Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.