Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

my (f20) boyfriend’s (m27) mum accused me of being a stalker - is my behaviour that strange?

The only time I have met my boyfriend’s mum in person happened when me and my partner were still just best friends and weren’t dating. We had went to visit his home city in Ireland for a weekend (we stay in England) and he had taken me to his family home thinking she would be working because we wanted to play with his dogs.

However, she had been home and I met her. Naturally, the main thing I felt that we could talk about was my friend. I looked at all the photographs on the wall and asked about him as a kid. At one point I asked to go see the books he read as a kid so he took me to his room for a few minutes. I spoke about his mum for a while about some other things such as her books.

After the visit she told him I seemed ‘careful of my movements’ and she asked if i was ‘fawning over him’ as i wanted to see his books and photos. I didn’t think much of it. Yesterday, he told his mum we were moving in together and she was panicked and unhappy. She immediately told him that this deeply concerned her as i displayed concerning behaviours by wanting to see all his books and photos. She said I was obsessive over him. This is the sugar coated version from my boyfriend, it was alluded that his mum had thought I was pretty much stalking him.

I’m super confused as I’m pretty aloof and not a clingy person so I’ve never had a similar accusation against me. Was it weird to want to see his books he read as a kid? We’d been close friends for 2 years at that point and he had spoken a lot about loving fantasy novels as a kid. Right now, I think she is acting hysterical and I wonder if this is her trying to cling onto her youngest child. She doesn’t know me so I’m struggling to find an alternate explanation for her beliefs.

tl;dr - my boyfriends mum has thought i was a stalkers since we met because I showed a lot of interest in the photos of him she had on the walls and looked around his childhood bedroom with him. Was this behaviour too much for the first time meeting her? Is she being overdramatic in an attempt to cling to her youngest son? Why else would she behave this way?



Submitted January 02, 2020 at 10:48PM by tenthousandmornings https://ift.tt/2QkSYaB
my (f20) boyfriend’s (m27) mum accused me of being a stalker - is my behaviour that strange? my (f20) boyfriend’s (m27) mum accused me of being a stalker - is my behaviour that strange? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 03, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.