Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My dad totaled my boyfriend’s car while drunk driving (F 18)

My dad is a functioning alcoholic. He owns a business and makes good money, and he rarely is aggressive when he drinks, however he’s pretty subdued most of the time at home. I was hanging out with my boyfriend (we’ve been dating for about 6 months) at my house and then we decided we wanted to go hang out with some of our friends. We took my car and my boyfriend left his car parked across the street from my house. We came back about 2 hours later and my boyfriend’s car was destroyed. We thought it was a hit and run but then my dad waltzes out of the house (obviously drunk) and explains that he hit my boyfriend’s car. But then he started backtracking when he realized how bad the damage was. He started saying he couldn’t have possibly done all that damage and that someone else must have hit him too, which is ridiculous because we don’t live on a busy road and the damage on my dad’s car is pretty bad too. I have no idea how to handle this situation. My dad is so nonchalant about the whole thing. My boyfriend is really upset about his car(as he should be). What should I do about my dad and how do I console my boyfriend?

TL;DR my drunk dad totaled my boyfriend’s car and I don’t know how to handle the situation

edit: I agree that he is no longer considered functioning if he drove drunk. I feel like I have little power in this situation because my mom enables him and will definitely side with him and attempt to cover everything up. So an intervention will probably do very little. I am a senior in high school and can’t really afford for my dad to lose his business because my mom makes minimum wage as a preschool teacher and I’m about to go to college. So i’m at a loss



Submitted January 01, 2020 at 09:02PM by lilyvanbr https://ift.tt/2FagKjf
My dad totaled my boyfriend’s car while drunk driving (F 18) My dad totaled my boyfriend’s car while drunk driving (F 18) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 02, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.