Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (25F) bf (37M) gets jealous of the attention I give my cat

I currently live with my sister and we have a cat. My bf lives on the other side of town. There have been a few times when I am with him and I realize my sister is not available to feed our cat. I will tell him I really have to go home to make sure he gets fed. He will get annoyed and say “you care more about that cat than me” or “you don’t make sure I get fed.”

It’s not like I’m constantly leaving him to go spend time with my cat... but if my sister and I don’t feed him, he’s not going to feed himself. It’s my responsibility to make sure he’s cared for. I try to communicate with my sister and plan ahead but sometimes things fall through.

It frustrates me that he says this because often times he will go all day without eating and then when we meet up he will be very low energy and even in a bad mood and complain he hasn’t eaten all day. It makes me feel as though it is somehow my fault, even though I’ve been busy with other responsibilities and haven’t even been with him all day.

We go out to eat together and I cook for him on a regular basis.

Why does he say this??? I feel like he’s making me crazy. He acts jealous of the attention I give my cat!! And trust me I am not one of those crazy cat ladies that is obsessed with my cat. If anything I should probably give my cat more attention than I do.

Tl;dr my boyfriend gets jealous of the attention I give my cat (I.e. making sure my cat eats). He implies that it is my responsibility to feed him (my bf). He makes me feel bad when he hasn’t eaten enough (even when I have no control over this b/c I’m not with him).

Edit: we have been together for 4 years.



Submitted September 02, 2019 at 03:39PM by aspiringesl789 https://ift.tt/2ZGjlJn
My (25F) bf (37M) gets jealous of the attention I give my cat My (25F) bf (37M) gets jealous of the attention I give my cat Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.