Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband [24M] says I shouldn’t dislike his Dad [50sM] even though he beats his wife

When we were dating my husband told me about how rough his childhood was, and how he grew up having to protect his siblings and mom from getting beat by his dad. It deeply messed up my husband and he’s absolutely nothing like his dad.

Anyways since we’ve been married I’ve been forced to interact with his dad a lot more than I’d like to, and even though I try to be civil, I can’t respect a man like that for what he did to my sweet MIL and husband.

This is bugging my husband a lot. Divorce isn’t a thing in their culture (he’s Asian) and he says that even though he doesn’t condone his dad’s actions in the slightest, he still loves him and it’s still his dad. We won’t be getting rid of FIL anytime soon. It makes him upset to see how much I hate his dad. If I bring up or criticize his dad at all, he gets sad. I can’t just not interact with my own FIL. He seems to like me a lot and isn’t a bad guy... aside from the fact that he used to beat his wife. He hasn’t done it in years.

How do I deal with this? How do I tell my husband I can’t love his dad the way he does? Therapy is incoming

TLDR : husband and MIL were abused by dad but still have Stockholm syndrome love for him. I don’t like FIL at all, and it makes my husband upset



Submitted September 04, 2019 at 12:45PM by watershedbutthole https://ift.tt/2Ln4DTX
Husband [24M] says I shouldn’t dislike his Dad [50sM] even though he beats his wife Husband [24M] says I shouldn’t dislike his Dad [50sM] even though he beats his wife Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.