Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[29/F] Should I risk dating a close friend [25/M]?

So, a guy I've been good friends with for the last year recently made a pass at me. We were out having drinks with our social group, dancing and laughing together. Then everyone else went home early so it was just us two. We danced together for a while, then out of the blue he kissed me. I kissed him back for a second, then pushed him away because I was in shock.

The next day, he apologised for being forward but admitted he had a crush on me since we met. He said he sensed I may have felt the same, but insisted that if I didn't want anything more he'd be happy just staying friends. He said he adored me, and would always be there for me no matter what.

Since then I've haven't been able to take my mind off him. I never thought of him in THAT way before. In fact, we always joked he was like my 'gay bff' (because he's bisexual and slightly camp). I've seen him date several other women as well but they didn't last long because he said he was looking for "Miss Right". Also, I thought we were too opposite to make it work. He's a very cerebral, ambitious, intellectual, and I'm more emotional, laid-back, hippy-dippy.

But now, for the first time, I'm thinking of him sexually and romantically,and I'm wondering if we could actually work together. But I'm scared of ruining the friendship if things go wrong.

I confided in one of our close mutual friends and she said it would be a bad idea to date each other. She said we're not compatible and that it would make things awkward for the friendship group when it ended. She said she'd feel like a third wheel as well which I understand.

So I'm just torn on what to do, and I'm worried I'm only feeling this way because he makes me feel good about myself and I like the attention. Obviously I like him enough as a friend but how do I know if I'd be a good girlfriend to him? Is it worth taking the risk?

tl;dr -- A platonic friend made a move on me and now I can't stop thinking about him. I'm wondering if it's worth taking a risk, when it could damage the friendship and make mutual friends feel awkward?



Submitted July 31, 2019 at 08:10AM by PirateInTheForest https://ift.tt/2MruomJ
[29/F] Should I risk dating a close friend [25/M]? [29/F] Should I risk dating a close friend [25/M]? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.