Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (32F) am worried sick about my sister(26F) who has just been arrested for setting fires

My sister was arrested for setting fire to several public bins and is being held at the police station until tomorrow. She’ll be seen at court to decide whether she will be held in custody or granted bail.

This isn’t the first time she’s set bins on fire but it’s the first time she’s been caught and arrested for it, and I have no idea how likely it is she’ll get a custodial sentence.

Nobody was hurt and I don’t believe it was her intention to hurt anyone, although obviously what she did was horribly dangerous.

I’ve felt for a long time that she was going through some things that she wasn’t talking about. We were brought up to never pry - if someone wants to talk about their problems, they’ll bring it up in their own time when they're ready. So, when I really wanted to ask if something was wrong, I forced myself to remain quiet so as not to pry. Maybe if she felt like she could talk to me, this wouldn’t have happened.

I have no idea when the actual fire setting started, but I know her fascination with fire has been present since at least high school. I want to ask her about it, but I don’t know how to because I don’t know how vulnerable, mentally and emotionally, she is right now.

If she is released on bail, what do I say to her? Should I ask about the fires immediately because it’s the elephant in the room or do I focus entirely on finding out what’s been going on with her? I know our parents are going to lose their cool and shout demands for an explanation from her because they haven’t seen what I’ve seen. I'm worried sick.

What’s the “right” way for me to handle this?

TL;DR - my sister is being held at the police station for setting bins on fire and, if she gets bail, I don't know how to approach her about her obvious mental health problems.



Submitted August 28, 2019 at 08:53AM by ConcernedSis86 https://ift.tt/2ZwUub4
I (32F) am worried sick about my sister(26F) who has just been arrested for setting fires I (32F) am worried sick about my sister(26F) who has just been arrested for setting fires Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.