Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (22M) took in my cousin (16F).

I have taken in my cousin, after she was kicked out of her parent's house. She came out to them and they did not take that very well.

We weren't very close to each other, but we were never mean or anything. We only really saw each other a few times a year at family gatherings and such. We would joke around and have fun when we were around each other, but we had other family closer to our own age and everything, so we didn't hang out too much.

So it was strange to get a call from her earlier this week. Like I said earlier, she came out to her parents and they kicked her out. She asked if she could stay with me. Immediately, I said it was fine and if she needed a ride to my house.

I was not her first call, I was just the only one to agree. Apparently, everyone else in my extended family of aunts, uncles, and cousins have all taken the 'not our business' approach to the situation.

Selfishly, I love that she's here. It's been boring since I broke up with my girlfriend recently. It's nice having another person to talk to and watch tv with besides my dog.

She wasn't allowed to grab any of her belongings, so I've had to take her shopping for new clothes, new make-up, and really anything else she may need.

She's been sad and depressed since coming to stay with me. I understand why, and I can somewhat understand not being wanted by a parent. But this is way out my depth.

Also, her parents have caught wind that I am housing her and are extrememly displeased with me. They have said told me that I am supposed to either kick her out, or finalize the process and essentially adopt her.

I don't know what to do here. How can I help her feel better? How do I break it to her that her parents fully don't want her anymore? What if she doesn't want me to become her guardian?

Literally, any advice on the situation will help.

TL;DR: I have a lesbian cousin that is a minor living with me and I don't know what to do to help her.



Submitted August 28, 2019 at 08:34PM by HollowHost https://ift.tt/2UeCKjn
I (22M) took in my cousin (16F). I (22M) took in my cousin (16F). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.