Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

This is the third time I (22F) won’t come home with a paycheck and I’m scared my boyfriend (23M) will get angry if I tell him.

I try to be as independent as possible. Nothing to do with pride, I just feel like an inconvenience when I have to ask for anything. My boyfriend encourages me to ask for anything if I need it, and to never feel obligated to pay him back. I appreciate him being so kind, and he has helped me a bunch, especially with this big financial hole I’m in right now.

The entire time I worked at this new job, my department had issues processing my paperwork. While I worked 40+ hours each week, my name was never on payroll, I basically didn’t exist in the system. Two paydays have passed, now coming up on the third one and I won’t receive a check because my department was so behind. Meanwhile, my boyfriend has helped me with my expenses, but is also upset that I’m not earning anything. He knows I’m a sweet person and try to be understanding, but he expects me to be assertive sometimes, especially in this situation. Every day I talked with my manager and supervisor, made phone calls to payroll to figure out what’s going on and yesterday I went to HR in person to finally get things moving. My department was profusely apologetic for not paying me sooner, as the problem with paperwork was unexpected and I wasn’t the only person this was happening to. My supervisor even sprinkled in extra hours on my check to compensate me for waiting so long.

Although now I’m set to receive pay, I can’t receive a check on tomorrow’s payday because time was due last week (we’re on bi-weekly pay) but for my case HR will cut a check for me next week. My boyfriend knows my issue has been resolved but he doesn’t know I won’t get paid and I’m afraid he’ll get angry for it. It’s not that he needs my money, I feel like he thinks I’m weak for not being more hostile about not getting paid. My department screwing up was unintentional, so I didn’t have to call the Dept of Labor in this situation (if they did this on purpose then of course I would have). Plus my manager is lending me money to take care of my needs so I will have some money, just not my own.

TLDR: This is the third time I won’t come home with a paycheck and I’m scared my boyfriend will get angry if I tell him. What do I say to him if he asks if I got paid? Do I say anything at all to him? We live together too so I’m afraid he might say something about it at some point.

And minutes ago he just told me he gets pissed off when I get scared to ask him for money. Or not ask him at all when I need it most. And if he finds out I’m getting money elsewhere it’ll definitely make him feel some type of way.



Submitted August 29, 2019 at 07:48PM by LittleRae_OfSunshine https://ift.tt/349vyd5
This is the third time I (22F) won’t come home with a paycheck and I’m scared my boyfriend (23M) will get angry if I tell him. This is the third time I (22F) won’t come home with a paycheck and I’m scared my boyfriend (23M) will get angry if I tell him. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.