Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (32f) Best Friend (34f) Is A Wreck And It's Too Much

I recently moved back into the same area as one of my oldest and best friends after years away. My life hasn't been the easiest; I've been diagnosed with an incurable chronic illness, and I'm just doing my best to stay positive and live a good life while I've got one.

My friend is also having a rough time. She's recently divorced, lost her license after multiple DUIs, can't work, always needs money, has some undiagnosed physical illness...you get the idea. And she keeps messaging me at 3 AM talking about how horrible everything is. Whatever I say, she gets pissed at me because "the way I say things sounds like her mom/her ex."

We never have a positive interaction. And between her and other people in my life and their problems, I cant keep my head above water in maintaining my own happiness. I've given her time and energy and money, and nothing ever gets better. I'm out of ideas.

TL;DR - My friend's life is a disaster, I can't help any more than I have, and I can't be happy because she's either talking about how much she hates everything or yelling at me for how I respond.

What do.

ETA: I sent her a message saying that this negativity-bombing needs to stop because I'm not in a place to handle it for her. She did not respond well...or really, in a way that even acknowledged my feelings. Advice still welcome, as I will see her around town no matter what I do.



Submitted August 29, 2019 at 08:45AM by wrrrdgrrrl https://ift.tt/2ZslDkc
My (32f) Best Friend (34f) Is A Wreck And It's Too Much My (32f) Best Friend (34f) Is A Wreck And It's Too Much Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.