Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F17) want to move out of my parents house when I come of age, worried my parents (F35) and (M36) will hate me.

Hello! I am going to ask some relationship advice here about my family. I’m going to turn 18 in January and I want to move out of my parents house and in with a coworker that will be attending nursing school with me. I wouldn’t mind staying to live with my parents through school except we have always had a rocky relationship. Being the oldest of 6 I have always been socially isolated and miserable. The ages in my family go 17,9,8,7,3,2. Because of this I am always babysitting and have helped my parents in raising all these children. I feel like I’ve had no real teenage years experience and that’s okay! But as an adult I would like more freedom from babysitting and the chaos of a household with that many children

I love my family I really do. I cannot stand my parents though. They have always taken advantage of me, from using my car (that I purchased with no help from anyone), borrowing money that’s never returned, asking for financial assistance (paying rent) and using me as a free babysitter everyday. Working full time and babysitting in my free time has severely eroded my mental health. I’m always angry that I feel used and cannot relax. I usually go 2-3 months before doing something for myself or going anywhere other than the grocery store.

Due to all of this, I want to move out. I want freedom from a chaotic house and I want respect. I am nervous that my parents will dislike me and kind of “ban” me from being around. I feel like if I move out I will disappoint them and leave them in a bad position financially and will leave them in need for a babysitter. I would really hate to lose my parents simply for moving out but they have always over reacted to small things... please give me advice!!!! :(

TL;DR- Need some advice about moving out of my parents house.



Submitted July 31, 2019 at 02:58PM by kaelyn1111 https://ift.tt/33eN1Au
I (F17) want to move out of my parents house when I come of age, worried my parents (F35) and (M36) will hate me. I (F17) want to move out of my parents house when I come of age, worried my parents (F35) and (M36) will hate me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.