Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28M) GF (24F) keeps telling me I need to go to therapy for a traumatic event, and I don't want to, but she has been constantly telling me I have to go for the past month, resulting in a lot of arguments. How do we resolve this issue?

Around 30-40 days ago I was in my neighborhood walking down my block, there were some guys on a stoop nearby hanging out. A car drove by, and they opened fire on them, and some of the guys on the stoop opened fire back. The whole ordeal went on for like 30 whole seconds, it was easily like 40~ shots overall. I was maybe 50-60 yards away from it all, hiding behind a car. From what I understand, they hit the driver, so the car stalled, and the guys in the car got out and ran, hence why it went on for so long. But 3 of the people on the stoop were hit. After like 20 seconds after the shooting was over I looked and saw one of the guys on the stoop alone, and his friends running away. I went over and he was hit in the arm and a graze on his shoulder, and of course I called the police right away and I took my shirt off and tried to use it to cover his wound as much as possible. He was fine, but one of the people who ran away was hit multiple times and died somewhere down the block.

ANYWAYS, that's basically what happened overall. My girlfriend was in our apartment and heard the whole ordeal on the streets. She came out maybe 40 minutes later and she saw me and absolutely freaked out because I had blood on me, but of course I was fine.

Since then, she has been saying I need to go to therapy for trauma in relation to the incident. I was okay with this at first, of course she would be concerned, but I told her I was fine and that I only wanted to go if I was having problems related to it. I've seen shootings before, I've grown up in this neighborhood my whole life, this isn't entirely new (although being that close was). I mean my family used to have drills for when a shooting was going on out on the block, its not entirely new to me.

But she has absolutely HOUNDED me about it for the past month now, saying that I just don't want to go because I am a man and I don't want to seek mental health treatment because it makes me look weak. That's absurd, considering she knows that I went to therapy after my brother died. I have no problems with that. She keeps saying she doesn't want to make it seem like I 'have to go' but that I really, really should and that she doesn't feel okay knowing that I could be traumatized and not getting help. We've had this argument like 10 times in the past month. Like I am sorry, I am not paying for therapy that I don't need. It also just feels weird that she is saying this as if I have no say in my own mental health.

TL:DR - - I experienced a shooting, and my girlfriend is telling me I have to go to therapy and I don't want to.



Submitted August 29, 2019 at 10:10PM by yelluworld551 https://ift.tt/34bHeMn
My (28M) GF (24F) keeps telling me I need to go to therapy for a traumatic event, and I don't want to, but she has been constantly telling me I have to go for the past month, resulting in a lot of arguments. How do we resolve this issue? My (28M) GF (24F) keeps telling me I need to go to therapy for a traumatic event, and I don't want to, but she has been constantly telling me I have to go for the past month, resulting in a lot of arguments. How do we resolve this issue? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.