Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I [24F] justified in being upset that my boyfriend [27M] adopted a kitten?

*To be clear, he hasn't brought the kitten home yet, but he's filled out all the paperwork and will bring the kitten home tomorrow. And we do live together.

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. We already own an older cat that we adopted a few months ago. This cat has clearly chosen me as her human and my bf has been itching to get a cat that he can call his own. I supported him in this, thinking that it would be nice for our older cat to have a companion since she is very amicable and social.

The one stipulation I had, however, was that I did not want to get a kitten. My boyfriend knows I've had several bad experiences with kittens and really do not like them; I also didn't think a kitten would be a good choice since we have an older cat.

We went to the adoption shelter today with a couple adult cats in mind, but my boyfriend then saw a kitten who he thought was really cute. He asked me if we should get it and I, of course, said no. He asked me this several times and I said no and told him why. Then, just as we were about to leave the adoption center for the day, he tells the front desk that he wants to fill out an adoption sheet for the kitten. Since it was close to closing time, he could only fill out the sheet and wait until tomorrow to pick up the kitten.

I was obviously very surprised because we had not discussed getting a kitten at all. In fact, I had repeatedly said I didn't want to get a kitten. On the car ride home from the adoption shelter, I was clearly upset and he tried to make light of it by saying I could name the kitten. I don't want to name it, nor do I want to bring it home for many reasons.

My boyfriend still thinks everything is going to be fixed just by saying sorry, but bringing home a kitten isn't a temporary thing. As big of a decision this is, I am disappointed that he didn't really factor my opinion into his actions. I told him how I feel and he just said that he didn't think I'd be this upset with getting a kitten and that he does respect my opinion, but that everyone has preferences and convictions and he was just following through with what he felt he wanted to do.

I don't know what to say back. I am still very upset, more so because he asked for my opinion several times, but clearly already had his mind made up and didn't really give a s**t about what I thought.

Tldr; my boyfriend got a kitten even though I've vehemently voiced my opinion against getting one. Am I justified in being mad or should I let him do what he wants since it is his cat?



Submitted August 28, 2019 at 05:00PM by soitgoeser https://ift.tt/2MLN7dM
Am I [24F] justified in being upset that my boyfriend [27M] adopted a kitten? Am I [24F] justified in being upset that my boyfriend [27M] adopted a kitten? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.