Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Friend (40sF) seems obsessed with me because of my past (29F) .. should I just ghost her or actually say something?

Some background on me: when I was a child, I was kidnapped by a non-relative. It was a big deal at the time but I never had long-lasting effects from it and I've grown up pretty normal. My family was supportive and I had good friends around me the whole time. It feels kind of like someone telling a "I broke my leg in 3rd grade" story. Yes, it happened, but really, it means nothing to me. Unfortunately, there are some articles about it online, my name, my school picture, and things like that. My name is somewhat common though so it's not widely known.

Anyway, someone friended me on Instagram and we bonded over cat pictures. I have a kind of "rare" type of cat and she does too. She asked one day if I'd like to meet up for coffee. I said yes because why not? She seemed super chill and loves cats. And in person, she seemed very sweet but maybe kind of sheltered and nervous. We continued to keep up a friendship, occasionally meeting for brunch and coffee. Then one day she drops the bomb on me - are you "ABC Smith" that was in the news 20 years ago? I figured she must have Googled me for whatever reason. Since the day I said "yes, that's me" she has been relentlessly hounding me about this part of my life. We don't talk about cats anymore, we just don't talk about anything else at all. She says it's because she's curious because she has never met someone like me before; because she has always had a morbid curiosity about serial killers, kidnappings, etc. At first, I was honest with her but at a certain point, I felt uncomfortable and tried to steer the conversation away.

Out of my own curiosity, I looked myself up and found a bunch of things on one particular website. Most of it was just typical case details, but there was a poster on there who claimed to be a close friend - and the shit she wrote on there was mostly lies and exaggerations. I can't be 100% sure this is her but I am about 90% sure. She would write things about how "ABC has learned to move on with her life" (who the hell was even asking??) and hinting at the graphic details she knows, but can't speak of. And the worst part is that she had been posting about this about 6 months before we actually ever even met.

I told my boyfriend about this and he immediately told me to shut it down - tell her off, block her, threaten to sue, whatever it takes to just get her out of my life. I have not told my parents or close family friends because I don't want to upset them. I feel betrayed and creeped out but I'm not devastated or anything. I just don't feel anything. She is nothing to me. I don't feel like using any of my energy to talk to her again, even to tell her off, but my boyfriend says it is worth it to at least say something.

Should I just ghost her and forget about her? Or is it better to scare some sense into her and tell her to stop writing about me? It's not like what she is doing is illegal... and to be honest, besides the handful of people online looking me up, I doubt anyone cares. What should I do?

TLDR: Friend I met from Instagram turns out to be someone who stalked me online to find me and my history. I am creeped out but don't want to waste any more of my time with this crazy B... boyfriend says I need to tell her off properly so she stops. What should I do?



Submitted May 28, 2019 at 12:50PM by caterpillarwalk http://bit.ly/2HHdMEM
Friend (40sF) seems obsessed with me because of my past (29F) .. should I just ghost her or actually say something? Friend (40sF) seems obsessed with me because of my past (29F) .. should I just ghost her or actually say something? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.