Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Something my [24m] bf [24m] said made me change how I feel about him

So I think I generally carry myself okay most of the time, I have my moments but I keep them to myself. Recently I was feeling extremely (emphasis on extremely) down in the dumps, like feeling hopeless, so I decided to reach out to him. He seemed a bit distant and told me he wanted alone time. I understood, but then he told me that me that "saying I feel low or depressed on a certain day doesn't change that he needs alone time".

I'm not angry, I'm more disappointed because I don't feel that way at all. He is someone that has had panic attacks and depressive moments in the past, which I've dropped everything for to attend to, not necessarily physically, but actively listened to him and validated how he felt - I am sad that the feeling is not mutual.

I understand the need for alone time, but that one cut really deep - so much so that it kind of changed how I feel about him. I asked him to clarify what he meant, and he re-confirmed that he meant everything he said. He explained that he'd come to me for when I need attention or I have an emergency.

I'm not one to be dramatic, but this really caused a shift in how I feel towards him.

TL;DR Boyfriend confirmed that me saying that I feel low or depressed on a certain day does not change that he needs alone time.



Submitted November 30, 2018 at 08:42PM by GingerHoneyLemon https://ift.tt/2Rt9zqL
Something my [24m] bf [24m] said made me change how I feel about him Something my [24m] bf [24m] said made me change how I feel about him Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.