Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My family spilled a huge secret to my boyfriend

I'm 19f, boyfriend is 20m, brother is 23m, parents are 50s m/f.

I was in an abusive relationship in high school that ended with a restraining order after my parents intervened. My boyfriend knows the bare bones of this, but never asks for more information than I'm willing to share. It was a difficult time in my life and I don't like to talk about it with anyone but my therapist.

My brother was angry that I hadn't told my boyfriend about one aspect of the abuse. We argued about it a lot and I told him to back off and let me decide. He decided to take it upon himself to tell my boyfriend. He walked up to my bf, in front of me and my parents, called me a liar, and told my boyfriend that I'd been hiding something. I was sobbing at this point, my parents did nothing. They've always cared more about keeping the peace with my brother than stopping him from bullying me.

Anyway, as he started getting into the gory details of the abuse, my boyfriend cut him off and told him that he was being inappropriate. My brother got mad and told my boyfriend he couldn't talk to him like that, but my boyfriend told him to shove it and stop trying to humiliate me. My brother told my boyfriend he was just trying to help him because he wouldn't want to date someone with my history.

My boyfriend walked out and I went with him. Now my whole family is mad at me for rocking the boat and they all think my boyfriend is mean and inappropriate. They're sending me texts that I need to break up with him. I feel like my boyfriend is the only one who supports me. I also know that were young though, and if we break up or anything happens I will have lost my support network. I just want to fix this, but I don't want to dump my boyfriend, please help me.

Tl;dr brother told boyfriend about abuse, now my whole family is mad at me over my boyfriends reaction



Submitted November 03, 2018 at 08:44AM by Sistersister76 https://ift.tt/2Dl4PjG
My family spilled a huge secret to my boyfriend My family spilled a huge secret to my boyfriend Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.