Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (27f) partner (26m) doesn’t like our dog and it makes me sad.

My partner and I have been living together for a while and for a while we discussed getting a dog for around 7 months before it happened.

I’ve always had and loved dogs - he’s never had any pet. He always kind of said he can never make an informed decision to get a dog with me as he doesn’t know what it’s like so that he’d have to ‘take the plunge’.

But knowing how much I love dogs he started looking at puppies or older dogs to adopt.

An opportunity for a sweet one-year-old rescue dog came up and we got a lovely, good boy.

Initially it was great, boyfriend was impressed with how well behaved the dog was. Over time he started to get annoyed with the dog, found him dirty, and started to like him less and less. We had talks about it where he just says “I’m just not a dog person “ and he said other things like that the dog is making our relationship worse such as “we just don’t seem to talk as much anymore “ and “you always defend the dog”.

He did things to make himself more comfortable- the dog doesn’t go in certain rooms. When he’s home alone he will leave the dog in the backyard.

He sometimes shows signs of liking, playing with the dog. But overall it feels like it’s me and the dog against him and my hope of having a warm little family (where we both love the same little creature) is shattered and I’m really disappointed.

TL:DR It’s only been 5 months, but he really is not a dog person so I don’t know if they will ever bond.

I don’t know what I’m looking for by posting, I’m just sad and don’t know what to hope for.



Submitted November 01, 2018 at 06:18AM by sakorats https://ift.tt/2Oje7xu
My (27f) partner (26m) doesn’t like our dog and it makes me sad. My (27f) partner (26m) doesn’t like our dog and it makes me sad. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.