Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (21f) feel obligated to stay friends forever with friend (31f) I met on reddit.

I met this guy on reddit about a year ago. He reached out to me when I was having a hard time in life. We have met in real life several of times. He lives 200 miles away from me but he comes to visit me when he has work down here to do. He's 31 years old and I'm 21. He has feelings for me but I don't. I say I just want to be friends with him. He says that's okay. But he still calls me names like his boo bear and says cheesy stuff. We have engaged in sexual activity together but it wasn't serious. I've hooked up with people I wanted nothing to do with before. His personality is very babyish to me. He's very cheesy and sometimes he talks like a kid would talk. For example, he will say things like "I don't like that" or "You're my little boo bear" in a kid's voice. That's just him though. It annoys me sometimes. But he's always there for me. He gives me money when I need it. He helps me with my homework. He listens to me when I vent to him. He is a good friend. But he cares about me way more than I care about him. I'm not physically attracted to him. He says things like "If we get married..." or "If we have kids..." and that ticks me off sometimes. He says he doesn't expect for us to get married or have kids but he still has hope that one day, I change my mind about him. But I really don't want to a relationship with him. I don't really even want him as a friend due to my lack of interest in his personality. But we've been friends for a little bit over a year. He says that if I decide to not be his friend anymore one day, then that would be really cruel. He said promising to never leave him is not a big promise and if I can't promise to be his friend forever, then I need to find whats wrong with me because it would be cruel to just leave him one day. We talk every single day. Now I feel obligated to stay friends with him forever. Would it be cruel if I decided I didn't want him in my life anymore? Should I change myself and compromise with him like he does for me? What's the right thing to do?

I've just been using him for my own personal needs and thats why I feel obligated to stay friends with him as well.

Tl;dr: I feel obligated to be friends forever with someone I don't want to be friends forever with.



Submitted November 03, 2018 at 11:39AM by urpunchingbag https://ift.tt/2OoKqv0
I (21f) feel obligated to stay friends forever with friend (31f) I met on reddit. I (21f) feel obligated to stay friends forever with friend (31f) I met on reddit. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.