Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Betrayed by a "friend", ruining my life after a year still

TL;DR: So called "friend" read my personal counseling file weekly and messed with my head. Still struggle with her and the situation months later.

So I am friends with a group of people that are good friends with my boyfriend. We have all known each other for about 4-5 years now throughout college and I have always been on the outskirts of the friend group. I never really had an issue with it because I just didn't relate to them super well but now everything changed.

I have gone to counseling for anxiety and depression for about 6 years now and I used to go to the free counseling center at college. I would go about every other week and had been since my first year of college (so 4-5 years of going to the same counselor). One of my friends wives (let's call her Lisa) was finishing her master's degree and was an intern there who would also have clients and work there. I knew about it but since I don't really discuss publicly that I go to counseling, I never talked to her about it and only saw her in passing.

So my last year of college (2017-2018 school year), I was going pretty regularly to counseling and she was working there. At the beginning of March, my counselor said we need to tell you of something and handed me a letter. The letter stated Lisa had been accessing my confidential file weekly since the beginning of her job there (September 2017). They only just found out after doing a supposedly routine check on computer privileges. They found out about her doing this in February and fired her. She got let go from her job and kicked out of school, never finishing her masters. I was so hurt and distraught and mad that she would do this to me. I literally couldn't do anything about it and couldn't have stopped it. I am a very private person and to know that she was reading about my counseling sessions, medical history, mental history, etc. made me furious. I know there are privacy laws against what she did and I am so horribly mad still months later.

At the end of March we met up for coffee and she apologized profusely to me (wrote me a letter and everything). I cried and cried but not only to create a situation or conflict I just brushed it off at the time. She told me to let her know when I had forgiven her but I never will. Now, I have graduated from college and live near her and some of my college friends. Me and my boyfriend go to hang out with them every weekend and it messes with my mind so much. I like my friends but I just cannot trust her and wonder who she has told about my personal problems.

Is it weird that I still hang out with her? I can't bear it sometimes but I feel like I don't have a choice because I don't have a lot of friends and her husband is one of my boyfriend's good friends. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this whole situation, I could totally type pages and pages more so feel free to ask to me elaborate if needed.



Submitted November 03, 2018 at 09:35AM by lollipop_23 https://ift.tt/2AKOl1Q
Betrayed by a "friend", ruining my life after a year still Betrayed by a "friend", ruining my life after a year still Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.