Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I [30F] overreacting to be bothered by my husband's [31M] of 4 years company Christmas card that has a theme I think is disrespectful to us?

My husband company has their employees send out team Christmas cards. These are sent out to all their clients and business contacts. My husband's team is 5 people, 4 men and 1 women. He's been working there for 2 years, and pretty much since day one everyone in the office has referred to this woman as his "work wife," which I personally hate and he claims he doesn't care for, but he also does nothing to stop it. He says it's not a big deal and making an issue out of it is more trouble than its worth. Anyway, this has even bled over into our personal lives. A lot of our friends are aware that they're good friends and comment on it a lot. My husband and I have had a few fights about what I believe to be inappropriate behavior in the past, but he (along with everyone else) seems to think I'm overreacting so I just let it go.

Then I saw the photo for their team card this year. It's a real campy, classic family Christmas photo. My husband and this woman are posed as husband and wife with the 3 other guys as their kids. My husband thinks it's hilarious. I don't. I don't like that they are obviously playing on an inside joke of them being "work husband and work wife" and I think it's disrespectful to our marriage.

He thinks I'm way overreacting, that nobody is going to interpret it that way. That she's the only woman on the team, this was their concept, and because of all their personalities/ages this set-up made the most sense. I said exactly, their personalities. Going in to the whole joke that they're made for each other. He said that's not what he meant at all but just kept saying "it's what made sense."

...Am I overreacting? I feel like this is so stupid. It's a joke Christmas card, it really shouldn't bother me as much as it does. But it does. What do I do?

TL;DR: My husband posed with his "work wife" in a family photo for their company Christmas card. He says it's a stupid joke, I don't find it funny. Am I overreacting?



Submitted November 03, 2018 at 10:56AM by workwiferealwife https://ift.tt/2ALpwme
Am I [30F] overreacting to be bothered by my husband's [31M] of 4 years company Christmas card that has a theme I think is disrespectful to us? Am I [30F] overreacting to be bothered by my husband's [31M] of 4 years company Christmas card that has a theme I think is disrespectful to us? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 03, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.